Friday, February 5, 2010

Fire

Author's Note: This is a journal response on the topic of fire. This never actually happened to me, I just always think of this kind of scene when I think of fire. The end is left hanging for the reader to creativly imagine what would happen next.

Flames erupting


Almost swallowing us whole


Running around in circles


Trying to escape


Managing to exaust ourselves


We hear the witnesses shouting to us


"Are you in there?"


"Are you safe?"


Door after door


crashing down


Brave men stepping in


coming to save us


dissapointed when we are


nowhere to be found


the nice lady next door


screams as we are spotted


at the top of the building


the flames on our tails


forcing us to jump...

8 comments:

  1. That's really scary! It's a good visual of a fire in a house or apartment. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really awesome and descriptive! Did something like that ever happen to you in life because it was very realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is scary and really dramatic! I want to knw what happens next, you add good mystery to the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is good. It really does feel like it was written from an actual experience. I am not sure why you skipped lines between. I'm not sure that added anything to the poem, but sort of distracted me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's creepy Cara...in a good way. It was suspenseful and I kept wanting to know what happened next.(What did happen?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This poem is awesome. I like how you left off at the end. It leaves you imagining what happens next. That's what you were trying to do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so cool and very close to me. I love how there's a sound of danger but not worry in the poem. You are an excellent poetic writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats soooo scary! Im like sad about it. You put a lot of voice or something in it, and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete

Hello please leave your comment here!= )