Friday, February 5, 2010

Road

Author's Note: This is a journal response about when my family was driving to St. Louis. There isn't really a purpose to it, just something that reminded me of the prompt: Road.

As we are driving down the road, I, being the one laying in the backseat, am unaware of the world around me as it passes by unnoticed as we make our way to St. Louis. The story of Helen Keller captures me as my bookmark slowly ticks away, until we are flying, floating away into the sky. I wonder, "What could possibly be lifting this gentle, blue minivan off the ground and into the wonderous world above?" As I sit up to have a better view, I see a road with our car rolling across it, it's wheels never once leaving the ground and my imagination dims as we exit the freshly paved portion of the road.

2 comments:

  1. This is a cool entry. You know, while you may not know it, this sort of narrative really lends itself to being written as a poem. I would really recommend trying that. If you want some help putting this into a poem form, let me know becasue I'd be really happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Johnson is right, this does sound kind of like it would be a poem. You should do that, it would be really awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hello please leave your comment here!= )